Trending in Books


 I joined a book club three years ago and there's something that I noticed about a few of them... 

This isn't something new, but I've noticed it more often: Topic discussions

We've used several at book club, but my favorite kind of discussion is the one that happens after someone asks a question that's not on that page. I like to be a pot stirrer because I love to hear the debates. 

Something else that I've noticed more often: Reference pages like character name pronunciations or the research that the writer put into their work. One of my favorite examples of this is from Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly. I found her research almost as interesting as her book.

The last thing that I've noticed, and this is more recently: Musical Play Lists

I stinking love this idea! I couldn't tell you how many times I've had inspiration hit me while listening to a song. There are so many the invoke a certain feeling that I would have a difficulty tapping into on my own. 

I kind of want to make my own playlist for this next book, especially since the main character works with music.

What is a trend that you've noticed lately? What have you liked or disliked?

Comments